Kinney Drugs wants to make sure you get your prescription regardless of your insurance situation.
With our new ReadyScripts program, we automatically process your prescription refills to ensure you get the medication you need, when you need it.
Free Prescription Delivery
To maintain the highest level of patient care, Kinney Drugs offers free prescription delivery for all prescriptions Monday through Friday.
1 out of 3 people 60 years old and older get shingles. Reduce your risk.
What is Shingles?
- Shingles is a disease that causes a painful, blistering rash. One in five people with shingles will have severe, long-term pain after the rash heals.
- Almost all older adults can get shingles. About one in three people will develop the disease during their lifetime.
- Shingles is more common and more serious in older adults. Nearly 1 million Americans get shingles every year and about half of them are 60 years and older.
Who is at risk for Shingles?
- If you've had chickenpox, you are at risk of shingles. And 98% of adults in the U.S. have had chickenpox.
- You are at greater risk for shingles as you get older.
- Shingles can strike at any time and it can be painful.
Why get Vaccinated?
- The vaccination is recommended for people 60 years and older. NYS Pharmacists may administer shots to adults 50 and older.
- The vaccine, Zostavax, reduces the risk of shingles. Studies show that the vaccine reduces the risk of developing shingles by about 50%.
- For those who still may get shingles, it reduces the severity of symptoms.
Call or stop by your local Kinney Drugs in to learn more about getting your Shingles Vaccination.
* Information courtesy U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention